Why Leaders Need Mindfulness?
In our rapidly changing world, Leaders are being asked to handle more complexity, chaos, data, and change with shrinking resources and minimal support. Mindfulness builds skills leaders need to address these demands.
• Mindfulness Improves Concentration • Mindfulness Improves Relationships & Builds Stronger Teams • Stay Competitive & Adaptable in a Disruptive Market
Mindfulness enables successful leaders to adapt and flow with disruptive changes and demand for new approaches and innovations. Mindful leaders have richer, more holistic leadership skills and can lead with compassion, personal responsibility, artful decision making, collaboration and courage.
Why take a Mindfulness Journey Together?
Working within a community of like-minded “seekers” is inspiring, energizing and can be much more rewarding. Together, we’ll learn how to cultivate relationships that inspire trust, creativity and commitment to the common good. While no one and nothing outside ourselves can give us the answers we seek, by traveling together, we cultivate richer and deeper experiences which push us further faster.
What this Mindful Journey Can Do for Your Team
Mindful concentration fuels creativity, improves fluid intelligence, and opens up pathways of non-judgmental awareness— and inspire great ideas. Mindfulness keeps your team fresh, healthy, engaged and open to making connections and thinking on their feet. Investing in Mindfulness training for your team leading can generate awesome returns:
• Increased productivity • Enhanced collaboration • Improved endurance • Deeper commitment to your projects and the team. Mindfulness Improves Concentration
A 2015 study shows that the average attention span is now 8 seconds (down from 12 seconds in 2012), yet concentration is a baseline requirement for deep work. Mindful meditation is basic training for attention and focus, and is proven to strengthen the neural pathways associated with concentration, cognition and working memory. Focus and the ability to resist distraction are solidly linked to our ability to control impulses, emotions, and achieve long-term goals.
• Decrease stress • Increase empathy • Improve concentration and emotional responses • Develop confident decision making Mindfulness Improves Relationships & Builds Stronger Teams
Mindfulness is the foundation of emotional intelligence and a path to insight, empathy and compassion. Meditation has been shown to improve self-actualization, awareness, self-regulation — the fundamental building blocks of effective interpersonal skills. At the same time, mindfulness lowers fear and anxiety triggered in the amygdala and boosts the calm and rational capacity of the pre-frontal cortex and results in better communication, collaboration and teamwork.
• Increase self reported engagement • Increase collaboration and communication • Increase productivity • Increase trust with leader • Decrease turnover and absenteeism • Decrease health care costs
Mindfulness Helps Organizations Stay Competitive & Adaptable
Global market competition is increasingly driven by disruptive innovation across technologies, supply chains and business models. In this marketplace, the ability to continually innovate is a critical organizational capability. Insight, ideation and access to divergent thinking is crucial.
Mindful concentration is at the core of any creative activity and innovative capacity is dramatically improved through mindful meditation. Meditation improves fluid intelligence and the ability to process and respond to novel information, patterns and relationships. The non-judgmental awareness associated with contemplative practice also unlocks enlightened inspiration, strengthens intuition and helps us embrace uncertainty without fear.
• Increase creativity and inspiration • Increase innovation and innovative outputs • Increase collaborative workplace culture